Field Stripped Kitchen

Look, I know some people shy away from the word "gourmet" and "pastry" causes some bakers to cringe. Pastry making is unlike baking as there is more time and chemistry involved.  But if you break it down into steps, it's quite manageable and with a little experience you can do it it expertly, even in less than ideal conditions.

If you can field strip THIS -


 
You can make THIS.

 
 
 
Layers and layers of buttery pastry, with a filling of fruit and cream cheese, baked and glazed. 
 
click on photo to enlarge
 
I've put detailed recipe instructions in the link above as well as helpful HOTR tips (The dough is about ready when it quits sticking to the side of the bowl and begins stalking the dough hook as it spins). 
 
I'd suggest doubling the recipe.  I made this for a couple members of my team who were pulling a late shift with me.  You've seen those documentaries about piranha and skeletonized cows?
 
MOO.  
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...