Books and Their Covers

Christmas was a good day in the household, Santa even dropping some toys for grown up kids and some good single malt.But first, some breakfast to open presents by.

Eggnog Pancakes (must try)

 The gifts were fun -
Yes, it's a wooden bow tie, perfect for parties, time travel or Arbor Day.
But one of my presents certainly raised an eyebrow.  It WAS beautifully wrapped, but Partner is an engineer.  Give him a a 15 inch scrap of decorative paper and he can giftwrap a Sikorsky in less than 10 minutes. I don't do as well, for I can cut a swath of paper the size of Utah and when done, there will be a small gap in the back where you can see what the gift is (though I've managed over the years to re-assemble Vera the AR15 without resorting to big pieces of Scotch Tape)
Oh, Wow, a BOOK.   Not just any book.

Partner looks at me expectantly. What do I say?  Do I feign Surprise?  Death?

Open it!  he says~ Ah HA! The Gift is inside!
Close by but hidden for when I'm working away in the home office, where home invaders won't expect it and friends won't ever borrow to read. A shiny new Ruger 1911 in .45  Yay Santa!

I'll have a Range report up in a few day.  I've had a long day of work, and there's Win Schuler's Cheese left. (mmm Bar Scheeze!)


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...