Bone on the Range

Barkley was picked up from the Veterinary hospital after some tests and time to recup.  I was a bit later getting there then planned.  The drive went great, light traffic, dry roads, and I got home to drop off laundry and set up his harness for the truck to find the garage door was frozen shut. The bit of snow left in the drive after a plow made a pass, melted slightly and froze.  I had an inch and half of ice all along and under the bottom of the door.  I needed to clear that as the garage is in the back of the property and I didn't want to have to walk him all the way around to the front door as it was icy. So,  I made a circle of sidewalk melt, muttered Omni Omini VOR and a couple of good Scandahoovian swear words and took after it with a pick and a metal shovel.

The door is up, laundry inside, a few groceries and goodies I picked up, (yes, little Home Run Inn Pizzas when they're on sale and Pirate's Booty, I do have my vices), and it's off to rescue the Black Knight.

He was quite happy to see me. He either missed me or it was the fact that I was out of my good Advocare Omega Softgel tabs and picked up some cheap Trader Joe Wild Salmon Oil tabs this morning as I left the Range.  Now I'm burping Salmon Breath.  If there's a Grizzly in the parking lot, I'm a goner.

My good friend Monkeywrangler shipped me a ramp for him for the truck that she wasn't using, should be here tomorrow.  Until then, the makeshift sling.   It's a tote bag with the sides cut out (ignore the dog hair and blood stains, par for the course in my world).  I can put it under his chest and lift him by the handles like a 86 pound Poochi Purse.
He was disappointed no one else was at the Crash Pad.
 Where's my fan club?  Where's the bacon cake the poodle will jump out of?

He's still limping some on that front leg, not nearly as bad, but that may be due to pain medication he's on daily for now, that is new with his anti-imflammatories.   I gave him one when we got in, as prescribed, as he was whining a bit. He did eat some food with it, which is good.

I'm not certain, but I think he's a bit stoned right now.
 Can you, like, make me some munchies?

The two beds and the chairs and couch are blocked so he can't jump up on them.  He's not real happy about that.
I'm sulking, I'm not even going to look at you.

He goes back in two weeks for more x-rays.  They could find no evidence of injury.  The down time  helped some but that might have been the additional pain meds.  It's been three weeks since the limp suddenly, and for no reason, showed up. The good news is the blood work and liver function was normal.  So another x- ray in two weeks to look at the bone again, then possibly a biopsy of the bone (given his history of a malignant cancer) if he's still in pain that can't be explained.  I'll worry about that later, I'm just happy to have my furry best friend back with me.

Barkley, what do you want for supper?
I know, tempting, but we'd better not.  Those are "people treats" and I have to get up at 4:30. I'll get you one of your own.  Then, how about some leftover plain chicken and rice with me, warmed up with your  kibble. Then I need to shovel snow in the yard to you aren't walking through 10 inches of it to leave pee-mail for the neighbor's dogs.
You just take a rest with Mr. Squeeky, I promise I'll come back.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...