Fifty Shades of Black - Morning at the Range

Morning comes early at the Range most days. But I love to watch the sun come in the many windows, the shine of it on all the wood around the house, as from downstairs coffee is ground on a 100 year old grinder. Everything here was either a beloved family piece or rescued by a curb or free on Craigslist and re-crafted. I've done the "buy a house full of furniture", spending thousands only to find even the "good" furniture store stuff was made of termite poop and Elmer's glue and started looking crummy in just a few short years.  I  don't care to do that again. I kept a couple room fulls for the crash pad, everything else was donated to AmVets. 
What we have is old, but it's well built and/or rebuilt, and even better, just about free. We've got a once beautiful hardwood Mission sofa being refinished. It had been a beautiful piece of furniture, but had seen several small children with the associated scratches and wear. It just  needed refinishing and re-cushioning and was had for a 12-pack of beer.  In it's place  for now, Partner's old Ikia couch frame from post college apartment with some quick cushions made up with yards of fabric and some foam and a bit of sewing.  It's not ideal, but it will function as a couch until the Mission frame is done and these cushions can be upgraded to custom fit it.  Provided I can keep the suede type fabric looking  nice.
Like the crafty chameleon,
 I have assumed the color of my background. 
 So why are you looking at me?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...