Barkley Memories - Chances are Remote

Mom, he better not be messing up my TIVO of Animal Planet!

I rarely watch TV shows, with the exception of NCIS,  Dr. Who and the occassional Top Gear and Mythbusters.  Frankly, I'd rather have a root canal than watch most of the reality shows out there(though I did enjoy the few episodes of Deadliest Catch that I caught).  Besides, I have a collection of classic sci fi, westerns and a few old horror flicks at the crash pad in case I'm on call and don't feel like starting a book (page 50 into a engaging read  is usually the first sign that the bat phone will ring).

In looking at some of the Reality shows out there lately,  it dawned on me that I could likely replace any of these shows with some of the old classics and no one would be the wiser.

Here's some that's been on TV in the not so distant past and what you could replace them with: 

Jersey Shore - The Horror of Party Beach
Real Housewives of Orange County - Cannibal Women in the Avocado Jungle of Death
Piers Morgan - Buckaroo Bonzai, Across The Eighth Dimension.
Amish in the City - Children of the Corn
Ice Road Truckers - Mad Max 2, Road Warriors
The Real Housewives of New Jersey - Invasion of the Body Snatchers
Jon and Kate Plus 8 - Village of the Damned

Sister Wives - Stepford Wives
Kim and Khloe Take Miami -Killer Klowns From Outer Space
The Bachelor -  I married a Monster from Outer Space

Teen Mom - I Know What You Did Last Summer
Fear Factor - Alien

Hey, seriously, Animal Planet is on.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...